With this in mind, we have compiled a list of 5 of the best recruitment conferences all taking place this year – this time in the US! So if you are looking to attend a recruitment conference this year, we recommend making it one of these five.
Ere Recruiting Conference, April 18th-20th, San Diego,CA
If you’re an experienced recruiter aiming to align recruitment needs with business goals, then look no further than the Ere Recruiting Conference. This event teaches seasoned recruiters how to improve the way they work, not how to use a certain product. The focus this spring is on current changes in the recruitment industry, which will affect the future role of recruiting.
If attending this event, you’ll receive expert insights on the most current topics in recruitment, such as:
- Leadership & successful road maps
- Future trends, emerging technologies and how to utilize them
- Data, predictive analytics, and metrics
Through a mixture of speaker sessions, small group discussions and workshops, you will hear from a range of experienced and inspiring speakers in the recruitment industry; these speakers include:
- Shaunda Zilich, Global Employment Brand Leader, whose topic of discussion ‘Hello Talent Acquisition … Meet Marketing!’ will focus on the relationship between recruitment and marketing.
- John Vlastelica, Managing Director at Recruiting Toolbox, who will discuss ‘How to Raise the Bar on Talent’.
- Charlotte Marshall, Employment Brand Leader at Thermo Fisher Scientific, who will speak on the topic of: ‘Where Art Meets Science: How to Uncover What Makes Your Organization Unique and How to Sell it to Candidates in a Memorable Way’.
Sounds like the event for you? Register for a ticket here. Tickets are $1195 before February 10th!
SourceCon Spring, 13th-15th March, Anaheim Marriott Hotel, CA
SourceCon Spring is the perfect event for any recruiter interested in the latest technology. This year’s conference focuses on the future of sourcing and how recruitment needs to become more innovative. Attendees can expect to learn practical sourcing techniques that will provide them with real-life results.
Aimed at all levels of recruiters, the 3-day event will address:
- New sourcing techniques
- How to increase candidate numbers
- How to track down candidate information
- How to get the most out of a free LinkedIn account
- How to use data to your advantage when sourcing candidates
- How Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence will impact the future of recruiting
While this event involves the usual sessions, workshops, speeches, round table and networking discussions, there are also innovation labs and a hackathon! The innovation labs will give attendees the opportunity to learn about and test the newest technology in sourcing candidates. For the competitive types, the after-hours hackathon will allow you to demonstrate your binary skills. Note: laptop required.
There will also be a range of fantastic speakers at this event, such as:
- Summer Husband, Senior Director of Data Science at Randstad Sourceright. Her topic of discussion will be: ‘Intro to Machine Learning – A Force that is Shaping the Future of Recruiting’.
- Kerstin Wagner, Head of Talent Acquisition at Deutsche Bahn AG. In her presentation, Kerstin will discuss ‘Virtual Reality, Holograms & Big Data – How Innovations Revolutionise Talent Acquisition’.
- Jim Schnyder, Sr. Manager of the Global Talent Pipeline Team at PepsiCo. Jim’s topic of discussion ‘Drip Sourcing and Engagement Strategies from a Grandmaster’ will look at new ways to engage top talent via automation.
If this unusual and innovative conference interests you, why not register here today.
Recruiting Trends Conference, November 29th – December 1st, Florida
The annual Recruiting Trends Conference brings together hundreds of recruiting professionals wanting to improve their recruiting and sourcing tactics. If you’re a recruiter of any level looking for an interactive way to learn about the newest recruiting strategies, this is the perfect event for you.
While the 2017 Agenda is currently under way, you can expect to see engaging presentations, workshops, peer-to-peer discussions and networking events. An added bonus is that this event is recognised by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and is routinely approved for HRCI re-certification credits – so you know you’re receiving quality education. For those of you interested in the latest recruiting products and services, the conference also hosts an Expo showcase.
Although the event is 11 months away, there is already a range of top-notch speakers lined up. Some of these speakers include:
- Karen Blakey, Manager of Talent Management Services at Questrade. Karen not only leads employer branding and recruiting at the Canadian fintech firm, but also supports HR and employee relations. Since Karen joined the team in 2010, the firm has doubled in size and is a consecutive winner of the Candidate Experience Award since 2014.
- Alex Brown, Recruiting Manager, Social Media and Candidate Experience at Fiserv. With over six years experience in the aforementioned areas, Alex has brought a wealth of experience to Fiserv since joining in February 2016. He has worked with companies such as the TMP Worldwide Dallas Office and Waste Management, Inc in Texas.
- Holly Mallowes, founder and Principal Consultant of iTek Recruitment Inc. Holly specialises in providing world-class sourcing solutions and has been in the recruiting industry for 18 years now. Unlike some traditional recruiters, Holly seizes every opportunity to learn, use and perfect the most innovative recruiting techniques, which has no doubt contributed to her success as a consultant.
To keep up to date with schedule changes and ticket prices, subscribe to the Recruiting Trends Conference newsletter here.
SHRM 2017 Annual Conference and Exposition, June 18th-21st, New Orleans
This world-renowned conference and exposition is the ideal place for any HR Professional to gain the tools and resources needed for successful HR practices. Each year, internationally-renowned speakers offer fresh perspectives and inspiring stories that will help deepen your understanding of leadership, motivation and success.
Over the 3 day event, there will be 200 concurrent sessions giving HR Professionals a complete education at every stage of their career, based on the SHRM Competency Model. With such a broad range of sessions to choose from, you can customise the event to suit your needs. All sessions are organised into 5 distinct categories, which may help you further in deciding what events to attend. These categories include:
- Business Acumen & HR Strategy
- Total Rewards
- Employment Law & Legislation
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Personal & Leadership Development
With a jam-packed series of sessions, expositions, seminars and workshops, this conference offers comprehensive learning opportunities. Learn about exciting and new HR Practices in the Smart Stage presentations, witness pre conference workshops and seminars that dive deeper into the HR essentials and experience extraordinary networking even before the conference begins (with the Conference Community site!)
To add icing on the cake, you can expect to hear from many high-profile speakers from a variety of fields, such as:
- Laszlo Bock, Former Senior Vice President of People Operations at Google
- Laila Ali, World Champion Athlete, Entrepreneur, TV Personality & Author
- Patrick Lencioni, Best-Selling Business Author, Internationally Recognised Speaker and Thought-leader
Want to see this event for yourself? Register here to view all ticket prices.
Hireconf NYC, 7th February, 230 Fifth, New York City, US
If you fancy attending a conference for one day only, then the Hireconf in New York may be the one for you. This recruitment conference focuses on the skills that practitioners need to excel in recruitment today and in the future. Attendees can expect to gain strategic insights that they can implement into their organisation’s immediately.
The main theme behind this conference is the evolving nature of recruitment that is affected by changes in technology. With new factors such as machine learning and artificial intelligence becoming more prominent, recruiters need to become more engaged with technology and this conference sets out to tackle some of these issues.
Between 8.30 to 5.30pm, the conference will consist of keynote speeches, presentations, networking breaks and panel discussions with an exciting line-up of speakers that includes:
- Cynthia Alisesky, VP Global Recruitment at GlaxoSmithkline discussing ‘The GSK Recruiting Story’
- Jonathan Campbell from Social Talent speaking about ‘8 Techniques to Improve Diversity Recruiting’
- Todd Davis, known as ‘The Candidate Generator’ discussing ‘The Only Facebook Sourcing Playbook You Need’
To attend this exciting event, you can buy your ticket here.